Use these assistant job description as you create a job application.
The Clerical Assistant will be responsible for receiving, classifying, consolidating, and/or summarizing documents and information. He/She will maintain records of documents processed; compile and maintain various reports in accordance with standard operating procedures.
1. Photocopying, scanning and faxing.
2. Updating the computer database by data entry.
3. Typing letters and replies to the inquiries made.
4. The Clerical Assistant may greet visitors, answer routine inquires, and direct visitors to the appropriate office.
5. Compiling office records and updating the files.
6. Oversee all aspects of general office coordination.
The post of clerical assistant does not require graduation. A high school diploma is sufficient. However, basic computer knowledge like Microsoft Office, sending and receiving of emails and the use of internet is mandatory. Additional software skills are a bonus.
The yearly salary of a clerical assistant falls in the range of $21,000 to $31,000. This amount depends on different factors like educational qualifications and the number of years of experience.